Fall is my favorite season, I'm fairly certain I've said that a million times on here. But seriously, no other season rivals it in my eyes! That is why I get really excited plotting my fall wardrobe. The other thing that is great about Fall & Winter, is that I feel like the trends do not drastically change from year to year, so you can always wear stuff from the previous years. I feel like Spring and Summer aren't always that way. Naturally, I have a lot of garments from last year that I will be wearing this fall, but I have a little wish list I put together!
I have used Polyvore sporadically, it's a great website and I wish I played with it more. I put together this fun collage on there, and the best part is they link all the pictures, so you can go buy these garments if you want too! Some of them are not so thrifty however, they're more for inspiration....
AX Paris smocked dress, $44 / Black and white cardigan / GAP coat / rag & bone jean jacket / Ditto / Stretch jeans / Stacked heel / Valentino crochet shoes, $640 / Studded shoes / Z Spoke by Zac Posen leather crossbody handbag
What are your Fall Must Haves?
1. Cape Jackets: Cape jackets are in this season and I need one! After spending 3 winters in Chicago, you would think I have every type of jacket ever made, but I do not own a cape jacket. I am thinking, I would like one in hunter green or tan, we'll see what I can find.
2. Jacket with Leather Sleeves: I am obsessing over these jackets! I have seen a few made by Zara, but they're not wildly popular yet. I am either hoping for a faux leather version to come out, or I'm going to figure out how to make my own.
3. Boxy Cross-Body Bag: I love cross body bags, they're my new favorite thing! I hate carrying around a huge heavy purse, I prefer a dainty one. However, I still need something with structure and a little room for all my daily necessities.
4. Slipper Loafers: I love slip-on shoes! I think I quit wearing shoes with laces a decade ago! These loafers are super popular right now and come in a variety of styles. I love them because they are not only comfy, but great for work as well.
5. Taupe Suede Booties: I don't think these are making any real trend reports, but I really want a pair of taupe boots this season. I have a few cognac colored boots and I want a lighter pair this fall.
6. Hunter Green: Green is one of my favorite colors, although I don't wear it often, hmm... what's up with that? I guess I feel like kelly greens and army greens can go bad so quickly, I tend to not over do them. I am however, digging the hunter green trend. I would love to find a pair of hunter green skinnies or leggings.
7. Plum Pants: I've mentioned before I am not a huge fan of burgundy, but I love plum (a close cousin, but not exactly the same). Plum has a little more blue in it and I just like the hue better. I don't want crazy bright purple pants like I've had, I want a deep, rich plum (red-violet) pair of jeans for fall this year.
8. Leather Peplum Top: So far, H&M is the only retailer I've seen with this adorable top! I really, really want one, but It's still a little too expensive.... maybe when the price drops.
9. Shift Dress: You might be asking what the hell is a shift dress? A shift dress is a loose hanging dress that is roughly the same width from shoulder to hem. It varies from a "Sheath" dress, which is more form fitting. A shift dress is great for all body types!
10. Cap Toe Pumps: I've made a pair of flats like these, but I really want a pair of cap toe heels too! I might have to DIY myself some....
11. Ankle Strap Heels: Lastly, I am dying for a cute pair of strappy black heels! I want a pair with a thin ankle strap, and I can't seem to find any! The search will continue....
What are your Fall Must Haves?
Are your craving anything for fall?