More Fall Trend reports! Are you tired of them yet? My apologies, it's just that I happen to love fall, oh yeah and everything fashion ;) This little trend update is all about denim for fall!
Who doesn't love a good pair of jeans? It might be tortuous finding that perfect fit, but once you've found them, it's like no other feeling. The perfect pair of jeans can be worn for any occasion and they are truly a blank canvas to carry out any style you're going for.
Sadly, I'm not exactly allowed to wear blue jeans to work, but I can get away with colored or printed jeans. Which, is why I am loving all the denim trends right now! I can totally see myself sporting a polka dot or leopard pair of jeans, as long as they are completely tasteful of course!
1. Polka Dot Denim: First on the docket... Polka dots! I love me some polka dots (on pretty much anything too). I am very anxiously waiting to snatch a pair up! I think these jeans are fun and girly and I anticipate polka dot jeans being on trend until at least next summer!
2. Floral Denim: Floral has been invading fashion for a good three seasons now. We saw lots of pastel prints in the spring, and then more brighter hues for summer. The fall floral is a darker variety, but still very flowery. You'll be totally on trend if you're sporting navy or jewel toned floral jeans this season (I bet you can still get away with your floral pants from Spring or Summer too).
3. Coated Denim: If you don't know what I mean by "coated" allow me to explain... There are a lot of different treatments of denim we've discovered in the last century, but the one on the fall trend reports is waxy. I saw a bit of this last fall/winter and even a do-it-yourself version on Pinterest. Basically the "wax" jean feels, like well, your jeans got dipped in a candle... in a totally fashion forward way :D I have seen quite a few designers doing this trend, so hopefully soon we'll see larger retailers carrying a lower priced version.
4. The Boyfriend Jeans: Oh, boyfriend jeans.... these are not necessarily new, but they are a favorite of mine. I like to call them my "fat girl" jeans ;) These jeans are baggy at the waist and tapper towards the ankle. Women are styling them with sandals and with pumps, normally cuffing the bottom. I love how one pair of jeans can be so versatile. These are a new staple in my closet!
5. Side Stripe Denim: Last but not least, is the side strip pant. I have to be honest, this trend was all over the runways but I haven't seen it take off in retail stores yet. I scanned the internet and had a hard time finding any decently priced ones. I am kind of take-it-or-leave-it with this trend. I like it because the strip down the side of your leg can create interest and can cause a slimming effect... but I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy a pair.
What denim trends will you be trying, or ignoring?
Also, It just doesn't feel right posting about trivial things like denim on a day like today. September 11th will always be a day of infamy in American history. 11 years ago the most powerful nation on Earth had our world shattered. Many lives were directly affected and our country will never be the same, the world will never be the same. Let us take a moment of silence today to remember where we've been and those who have made it possible to be where we are today.
One of my friends wrote this eloquent phrase last night, and I had to share. "Eleven years ago, people ate dinner. They attended sporting events, celebrated birthdays and held fresh babies. They put their heads on pillows and slept soundly, unaware of what the morning would bring. Eleven years ago, I was just a kid but I understood that life was interrupted. Celebrate life. It could end tomorrow." -Katey Rallis